Our love for native birds continues with our latest design the Kakapo voted Bird of the year for 2020-21. Beautifully detailed the Kakapo pendant design was created by with meticulous attention to detail by Allison in our workshop in Nelson. We also have a Kakapo pin suitable for wearing on a scarf, tie, lapel or hat. Perfect gift for the nature lover in your life.
- We donate $10 from every Kakapo pendant sold direct to Forest & Bird
- Pendant circle 18.5mm diameter
- chain sterling silver 45cm long
- FREE SHIPPING within New Zealand
- Overseas customers: if the item is sent to you by International Courier Tax can be deducted at the checkout. Just type NO TAX in discount code box
|The kakapo, a large flightless green parrot is native to New Zealand. Before people arrived in NZ kakapo were in abundance throughout forests in both the North and South island. The introduction of mammals has brought them to the edge of extinction. The Kakapo recovery program faces major challenges due to in-breeding and infertility. At present, the current population is around 213 birds.|