Refund or Exchange
At Jewel Beetle, we are happy to offer an exchange or refund* on your jewellery if you are not entirely happy with your purchase. We do not however refund items that are custom made, or from Sale or Clearance.
Custom made jewellery is only accepted for sizing and minor modifications should they be possible. Please contact us and we will do our best to come to a satisfactory arrangement.
To be eligible for a refund we require you to:
- Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 21 days of receipt of goods.
- Jewellery must be returned unworn and in its original packaging
- Refunds will be made once jewellery has been received back in our workshop minus postage cost unless otherwise arranged with Jewel Beetle.
- Exchanges will be sent out immediately upon return of jewellery if stock is available. Postage will be at customer’s expense unless otherwise agreed by Jewel Beetle
- Safety of returned jewellery is at the customers risk until they have been received by Jewel Beetle. We strongly suggest a tracked courier service is used.
- When labelling the parcel please do not write “Jewel” or “Jewellery” anywhere on the package.
- Please address parcels to: J Beetle, 56 Bridge Street, Nelson 7010 (T: 03-5480487)
At Jewel Beetle we have a very high standard of manufacture and check each item before it leaves the workshop, however in the unlikely event of a workmanship defect we offer a lifetime guarantee. Please contact us soon as possible, we will endeavour to replace or repair the item for you. Our guarantee does not cover wear and tear, accidental or consequential damage.
We believe that we accurately describe the products in our online store and that the photos of our individual pieces of jewellery display the colour with a reasonable degree of accuracy. However, our jewellery is handmade and slight differences may occur on some items due to the nature of our handmade manufacturing process. Also, the colour that you see on your computer screen depends on a number of factors including the colour quality of the computer screen that you are using. Also, our stones and pearls may reflect different colours depending on the light.
As we use natural stones and pearls in our jewellery you need to be aware that there may be some colour variations within the stones and pearls and that some will have natural inclusion. Any inclusions are not flaws and in many cases these are evidence that the stones / pearls are not man-made. We believe that inclusions enhance the natural beauty of our products. Diamonds of course are an exception to this.
When you receive your purchase and you believe that it is significantly different to that described in our online store or that it is faulty, we ask that you advise us within 7 days of having received your purchase email@example.com
In the case of any dispute the Consumer Guarantees Act will apply.
Please ensure you have supplied us with an accurate ring size.
If you purchase a ring online and it does not fit, in most circumstances we are happy to resize for the first time, free of charge.
Some ring resizing is either not possible due to design constraints or the process requires extra care due to fragile gemstones/pearls or a large increase in sizes. In these circumstances ring sizing may incur a small charge. Will will advise of this before proceeding.
If in doubt, please contact us for advice on how to accurately measure your finger.
Free Lifetime Maintenance
If you reside in Nelson please feel free to pop into the store for a complimentary free clean and polish of your Jewel Beetle item of jewellery. Items are accepted by post however there will be a courier charge for return postage.