Flying Duck Necklace
The flying ducks, one of our latest jewellery collections inspired by the Beswick ceramic flying ducks that adorn many homes of yesteryear!
This delightful necklace is whimsical and fun and sure to attract attention!
- the ducks are 10-12mm sitting on a 48mm long wire.
- sterling silver
- available in other metals. Contact us for a quote
- necklace length 42cm. longer options available on request.
- handmade in our Nelson workshop
- FREE SHIPPING within New Zealand
The average duck can fly at speeds of 40 to 60 mph, with many species averaging roughly 50 mph. With a 50 mph tail wind, migrating mallards are capable of traveling 800 miles during an eight-hour flight.
The long-distance flying champions of all waterfowl are black brant, which migrate nonstop from coastal Alaska to their wintering grounds in Baja California—a journey of roughly 3,000 miles—in just 60 to 72 hours. The birds lose almost half their body weight during this marathon flight.